To prepare this dish, you need to take fatter lamb on the bone. It is better if it is homemade lamb, but you can also find a good, fresh leg in the market or in the supermarket. The dish is quite original, you can easily surprise and please guests and loved ones with it, it is moderately spicy and fatty. But its main feature is that it saturates with literally a few spoons, although you want to eat and eat it, it is so tasty.
Purpose: For lunch
Main Ingredient: Meat / Vegetables / Lamb / Carrot / Tomato
Dish: Soups / Shurpa
Cuisine geography: Eastern
- Leg of lamb - 1 Piece
- Lamb bones - 200 Grams
- Sunflower oil - To taste
- Onions - 3 Pieces
- Carrots - 3 Pieces
- Tomato - 9 Pieces
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 Pieces
- Zira - 1 Pinch
- Coriander - 1 Pinch
- Red bell pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Potatoes - 7 Pieces
- Small peppers - 10 Pieces
- Salt - To taste
How to cook "Shurpe Chuvash soup"
1. Wash the leg of lamb and cut off the fat from its surface, send it to a cauldron with a thick bottom and melt it. We wash and throw the lamb bones into the cauldron, fry them until brown, then take out.
2. Cut the meat off the bone and cut into slices of about 40 grams each. Throw them into a cauldron with melted fat, salt and stir. Peel the onion, wash and cut into half rings, add them to the meat. We fry everything over high heat.
3. Wash and peel the carrots, cut into pieces of medium thickness and send them to the cauldron with other ingredients. Fry the carrots until soft.
4. Wash 3 tomatoes and cut into slices of medium thickness, toss them into the cauldron 5-7 minutes after the carrots. My pepper, chop and throw in after the tomatoes. You do not need to peel the seeds. Fry vegetables until soft.
5. Reduce heat and simmer everything for 30-40 minutes, then add ground cumin and coriander, as well as sweet red pepper. We clean and wash the potatoes, but do not cut them, leave them whole. We send the potatoes into cold water and leave for half an hour.
6. After the soup has been stewed, add the whole potatoes, pour boiling water to the top and throw in the previously fried bones. We wash small peppers and send them to the cauldron, and also wash 6 small tomatoes, cut them into halves and also put them in the cauldron.
7. Cook everything over low heat for 2 hours without covering. During this time, meat and vegetables will become so boiled that they will melt in your mouth. Pour the finished dish into a plate and serve hot.