They can be served as breakfast or presented to friends as a present. Strawberry or plum jam is traditionally used for the filling, but you can also use chocolate, cream and other types of sauces. To serve, they are sprinkled with powdered sugar, making an excellent dessert.
Purpose: At the festive table
Main Ingredient: Dough / Yeast Dough
Dish: Baking / Donuts
Cuisine geography: German / European
- Flour - 0.5 Kilogram
- Milk - 200 Milliliters
- Dry yeast - 5 Grams
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Butter - 100 grams
- Sugar - 100 Grams
- Egg - 2 Pieces
- Vanilla - 10 Grams
- Sunflower oil - 400 Milliliters (for frying)
- Powdered Sugar - To taste
- Jam - 200 Grams
How to make Berlin Donuts
1. Heat milk and dilute dry yeast with salt in it, leave to swell for 20 minutes. We take the butter out of the refrigerator in advance, beat the softened butter with sugar, add the eggs. Pour in the present yeast.
2. Sift the flour and gradually add to the mixture. Knead the dough thoroughly. It should be soft and airy.
3. Cover the dough with a towel and put it in a warm place for 2 hours, it should double in volume. After that, pinch off the pieces and twist the chestnut-sized balls, leave them to come up for 30 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a saucepan or deep fryer. Fry the balls until golden brown. Transfer the donuts to a paper towel to remove excess fat.
5. It remains to fill the donuts. Take any jam or jam. Inject the filling into the donuts using a pastry syringe, or simply make cuts and fill in the filling. Then sprinkle the baked goods with powdered sugar and taste the lovely donuts.