It is not difficult to make a pie "Grandma's napkin" with poppy seeds with a photo. And the process is exciting, especially for those who like to create. You can shape baked goods in a wide variety of shapes to make them not only delicious, but also truly original. A terrific option for a homemade tea dessert for the whole family.
Appointment: For breakfast / For lunch / For dinner / For children
Main ingredient: Dough / Yeast dough / Poppy
Dish: Baking / Pies
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Flour - 2 Glasses
- Egg - 1 Piece
- Milk - 1 Glass
- Sugar - 80 Grams (+ filling)
- Butter - 20 Grams
- Yeast - 1 tbsp. the spoon
- Vegetable oil - 3 Tbsp. spoons
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Poppy - 0.5 cups (approximately)
How to cook "Grandma's napkin" with poppy seeds "
1. I recommend that you entrust the preparation of the dough to the technique. Everything, as usual, liquid ingredients down (egg, milk, vegetable oil), then sugar, salt, flour and yeast on top. After kneading, leave the dough to rise.
2. Roll out the finished dough on a floured surface rather thinly. Melt the butter and brush over the dough with a brush. Sprinkle with a little sugar. You can also add a pinch of cinnamon, for example, to make the "Grandma's Napkin" with poppy seeds at home even more fragrant.
3. Spread the poppy. It is very convenient to use ready-made filling, but poppy seeds can be boiled in sweet syrup while the dough is being made.
4. And now the most interesting process. So, how to make "Grandma's napkin" with poppy seeds. First, roll the dough into a roll, and then make cuts and turn the pieces inside out.
5. This is the beauty. Then turn on the oven and let it heat up to 180 degrees, and in the meantime, the dough will come up a little more. Transfer the pie to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown.