Ideally, cooking Uzbek pilaf with chickpeas at home is not such a difficult task as it might seem. Even a beginner in the kitchen can easily cope with step-by-step recommendations. The rich taste of the dish, the wonderful combination of rice, meat and chickpeas are the secret of an amazing pilaf for the whole family. If you like, you can use a wide variety of spices to make it more flavorful.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Vegetables / Legumes / Cereals / Rice / Chickpeas
Dish: Hot dishes / Pilaf
Cuisine geography: Uzbek / Eastern
- Meat - 1 Kilogram
- Rice - 800 Grams
- Chickpeas - 1 Glass
- Onion - 2-3 Pieces
- Carrots - 3-4 Pieces
- Chile - 1 Piece
- Head of garlic - 1 Piece
- Salt - To taste
- Zira - To taste
How to cook "Uzbek pilaf with chickpeas"
1. The first preparatory stage is to soak the chickpeas in cold water for a couple of hours, rinse the rice thoroughly under running water, prepare the meat - remove the films, cut into small pieces.
2. Peel vegetables, cut.
3. It is best to cook Uzbek pilaf with chickpeas at home in a cauldron, but if it is not at hand, then use a saucepan. Heat the vegetable oil well and dip the onion there first.
4. If you have warmed up the oil enough, the onions will brown pretty quickly. Follow it with meat (in this case, lamb).
5. After 8-10 minutes, when the meat is slightly fried, add the carrots. Fry for another 5 minutes.
6. Add chickpeas to the cauldron, after draining the water and rinsing it under running water.
7. Pour in water after dissolving the salt in it. Place the washed head of garlic and chili pepper on top (use ground black pepper in the recipe for Uzbek pilaf with chickpeas, if you don't like too hot).
8. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
9. Carefully remove the garlic and pepper, but do not throw it away, they will still come in handy. Add rice. It is important not to mix!
10. Watch until the water visually evaporates. Return the garlic and pepper, add the cumin, reduce heat to low and cover.
11. After about half an hour, turn off the heat, stir gently and leave to infuse for another 20-25 minutes before serving.