This recipe for making carrot gingerbread is good because you can use a wide variety of additives and spices in it. Apple, dried apricots and candied fruits go well with carrots. At the same time, the dough itself is prepared quite quickly and easily. Baking can be served with powdered sugar, condensed milk, sour cream. Also, if you wish, you can soak the cake with sweet syrup, for example.
Purpose: For an afternoon snack / Inexpensive
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Carrots
Dish: Baking / Ripping
- Carrots - 3 Pieces
- Raisins - 100 Grams
- Butter - 125 Grams
- Sugar - 100-150 Grams
- Egg - 2 Pieces
- Flour - 350 Grams (approximately)
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Lemon zest - 1 Teaspoon
- Spices - 1 Pinch (vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, etc.)
How to cook "Carrot Gingerbread"
1. Peel and finely grate the carrots. In the meantime, pour hot water over the raisins, then dry a little and add to the carrots. Add softened butter.
2. Add sugar (its amount depends on your taste preferences), a pinch of salt. Beat in the eggs. Use your favorite spices to flavor your carrot gingerbread recipe.
3. Sift flour with baking powder. Pour in several stages, stirring thoroughly. The dough should be smooth and lump-free. In addition to flour, you can add a little semolina.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Transfer the dough to an ovenproof dish. Flatten the top and send to bake.
5. Now you know how to make a carrot gingerbread. In about 40 minutes it will be ready. Here is such a yummy thing. Cool slightly and serve. Enjoy your meal!