This dish is a variation of the famous "Salmon en croute" (crusty salmon). For its preparation, you can take fillets of any red fish. You can add herbs mixed with butter, cheese and even mushrooms or seafood to it. Unleash your imagination, do not be afraid of bold taste experiments.
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Fish and Seafood / Salmon / Pastry / Puff Pastry
Dish: Dishes in dough
- Salmon fillet - 500 grams
- Greens - 20 Grams
- Butter - 50 Grams
- Puff pastry - 500 Grams
- Egg yolk - 1 Piece (for brushing)
How to cook "Salmon in puff pastry"
1. We need salmon in the amount of 500 gr. The fillet must be washed thoroughly, then let it dry a little.
2. Finely chop the greens. Take it any you like.
3. Mix greens with butter and put them on salmon fillets.
4. Salt and season to taste, then close the fillet with the second layer.
5. Roll out a layer of puff pastry, put the fish in the center, and then cover with a second layer of dough. We make the shape of a fish, and decorate the surface with dough patterns.
6. We send the dish into an oven preheated to 200 degrees, bake at 190 degrees until golden brown.
7. Cutaway salmon in puff pastry looks amazing! It can be served both hot and cold, and an exquisite wine will be an excellent addition to this wonderful fish.