1. Start the process by sending the carrots with beets and potatoes to boil, after thoroughly washing them.
2. The herring must be thoroughly peeled, remove all bones from it.
3. Pay special attention to the form in which the salad will be laid. This recipe for cooking herring under a fur coat with gelatin is good because the dish can be given a wide variety of shapes.
4. Cool the finished vegetables, peel and grate (you can cut them into small cubes if desired).
5. The form will turn over before serving (the bottom can be covered with cling film for convenience), so the layers should be folded in the reverse order. Place the beets on the bottom.
6. Dissolve gelatin in a little water and mix with mayonnaise. Let sit for a couple of minutes and then brush the beets well.
7. Next, lay out the carrots, then again - mayonnaise and a pinch of salt.
8. Peel the onion and cut it into small cubes.
9. Place the onion and the chopped fish on top. Now brush with mayonnaise again.
10. It remains only to lay out the potatoes, salt them well and properly coat with mayonnaise.
11. Now the herring under a fur coat with gelatin at home should grab and harden. Send the mold to the refrigerator and leave for at least a couple of hours (preferably overnight).
Turn the pan over and place on a serving plate before serving. You can decorate with herbs or boiled eggs, for example.
Enjoy your meal!
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table / New Year
Main Ingredient: Fish & Seafood / Vegetables / Herring
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Herring - 1 Piece
- Potatoes - 3-5 Pieces
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 1-2 Pieces
- Gelatin - 25 Grams
- Mayonnaise - 250-300 Grams
- Greens - To taste
- Salt - To taste