Even a novice chef can make this pie with carrots and zucchini at home. I often change the ingredients, but I keep the principle of laying out the ingredients in a circle. It's so beautiful! You can, for example, replace eggplant with cabbage leaves and make the bottom layer of tomatoes. In short, do not be afraid to experiment, and I wish you good luck!
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For an afternoon snack / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Eggplant / Carrots / Zucchini / Dough / Shortcrust pastry
Dish: Baking / Pies / Filled Dishes
- Frozen shortbread dough - 500 grams (can be replaced with puff yeast-free dough or "dumplings" option)
- Zucchini - 1 Piece
- Eggplant - 1 Piece
- Carrots - 2 Pieces
- Spices - To taste
How to make "Carrot and Zucchini Pie"
1. Defrost the dough, roll it out and put it in a greased dish. We form the sides and, if desired, sprinkle the dough with spices and salt.
2. Cut the vegetables into thin slices. The thinner the better. I recommend using the potato peeler, it will be faster.
3. Now carefully lay out the plates in a circle, from the edges to the center close to each other. Sprinkle with spices and salt. We send it to the oven and keep it there until the dough and vegetables are completely ready.
4. Wait until it cools a little, and then cut and serve!