The classic recipe for chicken in onion sauce involves using mashed onions as a dressing. In this version, the base for the sauce will be finely chopped onions with the addition of green feathers. It is really delicious and not difficult at all.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Poultry / Chicken / Onion
Dish: Hot dishes
- Chicken Breast - 4 Pieces
- Butter - 40 Grams
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Green Onions - 30 Grams
- Sour cream - 180 Grams
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Pepper - 1 Pinch
How to cook "Chicken in Onion Sauce"
1. Send butter to the pan and melt it. The recipe for cooking chicken in onion sauce does not involve the use of vegetable oil, so as not to overpower the delicate creamy taste of the sauce.
2. Wash the chicken breasts, dry and send to the pan. Fry over medium heat until golden brown.
3. Then gently turn the breasts over and continue frying on the other side.
4. While the breast is fried, wash and dry the green onion feathers. Cut lengthwise and then cut into small cubes. If desired, you can make quite large pieces by cutting the feathers with a slight bias of the knife.
5. Peel and chop the onions. Optionally, you can send the onions to a blender to make the texture of the sauce more uniform.
6. Send onion or onion puree to the pan to the fried breast.
7. Fry a little onion until soft.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add sour cream to the pan. If desired, chicken in onion sauce at home can be stewed without sour cream, then you need to add a little broth to the pan.
9. Mix gently. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes and you can serve the dish to the table.