This is a pretty interesting recipe for chicken in orange honey sauce, slightly spicy and incredibly tasty. Such a dish can be cooked in a pan, fried in breadcrumbs, or baked chicken in the oven.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Poultry / Chicken
Dish: Hot dishes / Snacks
- Chicken Breast - 2 Pieces
- Butter - 50 Grams
- Honey - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Hot Sauce - 2-6 Drops
- Orange juice - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Orange zest - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Pepper - 1 Pinch
How to make Honey Orange Chicken
1. Melt butter in a microwave oven. If the honey is candied, then it must also be melted in a water bath. Combine butter and honey in a deep bowl. If desired, the recipe for cooking chicken in orange-honey sauce can be slightly adjusted to taste by replacing the butter with vegetable oil - olive oil, for example.
2. Wash and dry the orange. Grate a little zest and add to the sauce. Squeeze the juice of a quarter or half of an orange and send to a bowl.
3. For a more savory or rich taste, you can add a few drops of hot sauce to the sauce (this can be homemade adjika, for example). If spicy food is not to your taste, you can skip the sauce.
4. Wash the chicken fillet, dry and cut into small pieces. The classic recipe for chicken in orange honey sauce is not limited to the breast, you can use absolutely all parts of the chicken. You can also grease a whole bird with this sauce and bake it in the oven, occasionally pouring it over the sauce.
5. Put the fillet pieces into the sauce and dip on all sides. If you wish, you can leave the chicken in the sauce for 15-20 minutes so that the fillet is thoroughly saturated with the marinade.
6. Next, the fillet pieces can be rolled in breadcrumbs and fried in a pan with a little oil. Then place the pieces on a paper towel and serve. Put the sauce on the fire and boil it a little, adding cornstarch. Serve the chicken with the sauce.
7. The second option is to put the fillet pieces on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and send them to the preheated oven. Bake until tender, and send under the grill in 1-2 minutes. Homemade chicken in orange and honey sauce can be served with a side dish or on skewers as a snack.