The recipe for making a potato pie with meat can be safely called a haste option. Preparing the ingredients is a fairly quick process, given the use of ready-made puff pastry. Yeast dough can also be used if desired.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Dough
Dish: Baking / Pies
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Puff pastry - 800 Grams
- Minced meat - 400 gram
- Mushrooms - 200 Grams (optional)
- Onion - 2-3 Pieces
- Potatoes - 4-5 Pieces
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Pepper - 1 Pinch
- Egg - 1 Piece
How to make Potato Meat Pie
1. To make potato pie with meat at home in the shortest possible time, you can use ready-made puff pastry. To begin with, you need to defrost it a little and roll it out on a surface sprinkled with flour. The dough layer should be slightly larger than the baking pan in which the cake will be baked. You can put baking parchment on the bottom of the dish or grease it a little with oil. Lay out the rolled out layer of dough.
2. Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes or slices. Add salt and pepper to taste. Dried herbs or other spices can be added if desired. Place the potatoes on top of the dough.
3. Peel the onions and cut into thin half rings or small cubes. Combine with minced meat (pork or combined), salt and pepper to taste. To stir thoroughly. Chopped mushrooms can be added if desired. Put the filling on top of the potatoes and flatten. If desired, you can fry it a little in a pan.
4. The second layer of dough is also rolled out thinly on the work surface.
5. Here, in fact, is the whole recipe for making a potato pie with meat. Place the dough gently on top, pinching the edges tightly.
6. For a delicious crust, the cake can be brushed with pre-beaten egg yolk on top. If desired, you can make decorations for the top of the pie from the remains of the dough. Send the form to the preheated oven.
7. After 40-45 minutes, the cake will be ready. It needs to be cooled a little in the form, and then you can cut it into portions and serve.