Collecting and harvesting honey mushrooms is very simple, these mushrooms grow in rather large groups, and it is not difficult to salt and pickle them, therefore any hostess, even an inexperienced in this matter, will cope with this task. And today I want to share with you my recipe for making salted mushrooms for the winter, which I use every year and which I like more than others. It has one secret ingredient - horseradish, thanks to which the mushrooms stand for a very long time and their taste is very interesting, a little spicy. In winter, you can just get a jar of honey mushrooms, fill them with butter and fresh herbs, and you will have a great festive snack with this simple recipe for salted mushrooms for the winter.
1) First of all, we sort out the mushrooms, remove the debris and wash the mushrooms under running water several times.
2) After that, put them in a saucepan, fill the mushrooms with salt water and leave for half an hour.
3) After 30 minutes, we discard the mushrooms in a colander and rinse them thoroughly. Put it in a saucepan again, fill it with water and put it on the fire, cook for 15 minutes from the moment of boiling, do not forget to skim off the foam from time to time.
4) While the mushrooms are boiling, we will prepare the spices, peel the horseradish and three on a fine grater, cut the garlic into slices, chop the dill.
5) When the mushrooms have boiled for 15 minutes, put them in a colander and wait for the water to drain. Then we begin to spread honey mushrooms in layers in a saucepan and sprinkle each layer with salt, spices, garlic, dill and horseradish. Then cover the mushrooms with gauze folded in several layers, put a plate on top and put the mushrooms under oppression.
6) After 10 days, we transfer the mushrooms to clean jars and put them in the refrigerator for storage.
That's the whole simple recipe, as you can see, there is nothing complicated here, so be sure to try it. And bon appetit!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main ingredient: Mushrooms / Honey mushrooms
Dish: Blanks / Salting
- Fresh mushrooms - 3 Kilograms
- Horseradish root - 1-2 Pieces
- Garlic - 10 Cloves
- Black peppercorns - 10-12 Pieces
- Fresh dill - 100-120 grams (with umbrellas possible)
- Bay Leaf - To taste
- Salt - To taste