This jam can be made with apples and even pears. The cooking principle is the same. Of course, there is enough red tape with rowan jam, but the result is worth it!
Purpose: For lunch / For children / For afternoon tea
Main Ingredient: Berries / Rowan
Dish: Blanks / Jam
Geography of cuisine: Russian cuisine
- Rowan - 1 Kilogram
- Sugar - 1.5 Kilograms
Number of Servings: 20
How to cook "Rowan jam for the winter"
1. to make mountain ash jam for the winter at home, I took fresh berries, but you can also take frozen mountain ash.
2. Pour cold water over the berries and leave for a day. The next day, drain the water and let the berries dry a little.
3. In the meantime, make 1 cup sugar syrup 3 cups water. Boil it, then let the syrup cool. Throw the mountain ash into the already cold mass and leave for another day.
4. The next day, remove the berries with a slotted spoon and boil the syrup, then return the mountain ash to the mass again and bring to a boil. Only then reduce the heat and boil the jam for about 20 minutes.
5. That's all, our rowan jam for the winter is ready at home. Pour it into jars and roll it up. Store it well in a cool and dark place.