If you are going to use wooden skewers, not metal skewers, then pre-soak them for half an hour in warm water so that they do not burn out on fire.
The active time for cooking shrimp kebab is half an hour, about half an hour will be spent on marinating. So let's get started.
How to cook shrimp kebab?
1. Peel the pineapple and cut into large cubes. Place two cups of pineapple cubes - a third of the pineapple - in a bowl or food processor.
2. Add sugar, wine vinegar, soy sauce, and peeled garlic to the pineapple in a bowl. Whisk everything with a blender for 30 seconds until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove the froth, reduce heat to low, and simmer the sauce for 30 minutes.
3. After half an hour, add pepper to the sauce, pour into the grill pan and heat well.
4. Place the shrimp and the remaining pineapple slices on skewers. Pierce the shrimp in two places. Start with shrimp and finish with shrimp, pineapple in between. Dip one side of the shrimp kebab in the cooked sauce or brush one side with a cooking brush dipped in the sauce.
5. On the grill, greased with vegetable oil, put the kebabs greased with sauce side down. Brush the top of the skewers with the sauce.
6. Bake the kebabs, turning over every two minutes, for 15-20 minutes. Each time you turn it over, grease the top of the kebab with sauce.
The finished shrimp will turn white and slightly browned.
Shrimp kebab is ready!
Purpose: Outdoors / Buffet
Main Ingredient: Fish & Seafood / Seafood / Shrimp
Dish: Hot dishes / Snacks / Barbecue
- Pineapple - 1 Piece (large)
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- Wine White Vinegar - 1/2 Cup
- Soy Sauce - 1/4 Cup
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Hot pepper - 1-2 pinches (cayenne)
- Peeled king prawns - 800-900 Gram
- Vegetable oil - 3-4 Art. spoons