If you want to pamper your loved ones or guests with appetizing and tender meat - cook chicken in sour cream at home. Undoubtedly, even the discerning gourmet will appreciate your culinary skills. The meat turns out to be surprisingly tender and juicy!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Poultry / Chicken
Dish: Hot dishes
- Chicken Legs - 6 Pieces (other chicken parts can be used)
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Sour cream - 200 Grams
- Salt and Pepper - To taste
How to cook "Chicken in sour cream"
1. I took chicken legs and cut off all unnecessary from them. If desired, you can use fillets, wings or other parts of the bird.
2. The drumsticks should be fried well on both sides in vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper at the end.
3. Add the onion to the end of the frying. I cut it into rings, but you can also cut it into half rings. Fry the meat until the onions are tender. After that, you can introduce sour cream.
4. When boiling, sour cream will become liquid. This sauce will perfectly saturate the poultry meat and make it more juicy and tender. Add seasonings or herbs (at the end) if desired. The meat is stewed no more than 25 minutes from the moment of boiling. It is better to choose a small saucepan with a thick bottom and a hole in the lid for stewing.
5. This is how a classic recipe for chicken in sour cream looks like. If you add champignons when stewing, the taste of the chicken will be unforgettable. Mushrooms in combination with sour cream and herbs will complement the piquant taste of the bird. You can serve meat with sauce with any side dish. Best suited for this is mashed potatoes.