I usually recall this recipe for cooking borscht with cracklings in cases where there is no ready-made broth, and there is sorely not enough time to cook it. But not to give up because of this from the preparation of the first and main course? And so we get such a lean light borscht, with the addition of a "harmful" component of taste - cracklings. Let's get started?
How to cook borscht with cracklings:
1. First, prepare all the vegetables. We wash, peel and cut potatoes, onions, carrots, garlic and beets. Chop the carrots and onions in a blender, pass the garlic through a press, and cut all the other ingredients into small cubes.
2. Put water on fire, add beets to it, and bring to a boil, then add potatoes and cook until cooked.
3. Meanwhile, fry the carrots and garlic with tomato paste in vegetable oil.
4. Finely chop the cabbage, add to the broth. Pour the mixture from the pan too. Again, bring to a boil over low heat.
5. Salt, pepper, and add spices to taste. An interesting shade will give this borscht cloves and curry. We remove from the fire.
6. In the same pan where we cooked the carrots, simmer lard, cut into narrow strips over low heat, to release the fat. Add the onion and fry together until the onion is golden brown.
Done! Now you can sprinkle such lean borscht on plates, and serve the cracklings and sour cream separately - to please everyone and everyone, so to speak. Of course, this is not a classic recipe for borscht with cracklings, but no one bothers you to improve it of your own free will! Enjoy your cooking!
Purpose: For lunch
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Beets
Dish: Soups / Borsch
Cuisine geography: Ukrainian
- Beets - 3 Pieces
- Carrots - 1 Piece
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Potatoes - 3 Pieces
- Cabbage - 100 Grams
- Lard - 200 Grams
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Tomato paste - 3 Tbsp. spoons
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Pepper - 1 Pinch
- Spices - 1 Pinch