Perhaps you have already prepared a similar dish at home and did not even know that it is called meat in Albanian. If you have not yet managed to acquire such a recipe, then I will gladly share it with you!
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main Ingredient: Poultry / Chicken / Chicken Fillet
- Chicken fillet - 1 Kilogram
- Egg - 1 Piece
- Sour cream or mayonnaise - 2-3 tbsp. spoons
- Starch or flour - 2-3 Art. spoons
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Garlic - 3-4 Cloves
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Pepper - 1 Pinch
- Vegetable oil - 2-3 tbsp. spoons
How to cook "Albanian Meat"
1. Cooking Albanian meat at home is quite simple. Even a novice cook can easily repeat this recipe.
2. Wash and dry the fillets. Cut off excess fat and films, if any. Cut into cubes as small as possible.
3. Peel the onion and grate or chop in a blender. You can, of course, chop finely, but for this recipe, the delicate consistency of minced meat is very important. Peel the garlic and also grate or squeeze through a press.
4. In a deep bowl, combine chopped fillet, onion and garlic. Add starch there (for a start, 1-2 tablespoons) and beat in an egg. Add sour cream or mayonnaise.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste, you can add finely chopped fresh herbs or your favorite dry herbs.
6. Mix everything well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. The longer the meat is left, the softer and juicier it will be, so if you have a couple of hours left, it's even better.
7. The recipe for cooking meat in Albanian is coming to an end. Send cutlets to a frying pan preheated with a small amount of oil with a tablespoon and fry on both sides until golden brown. Then remove from heat and place on a paper towel to remove excess fat and can be served.