Abkhazian meat is a simple steak recipe that has an incredibly pungent taste and amazing aroma. Even a man who does not have outstanding culinary skills can cook it - everything is very simple. The main thing in the Abkhazian meat recipe is the freshness and quality of the ingredients. So, if you have good meat, feel free to arm yourself with this recipe and cook;)
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner
Main ingredient: Meat
Cuisine geography: Abkhaz
- Steak - 2 Pieces
- Adjika - 2-3 Art. spoons
- Vegetable oil - 4-5 Art. spoons
- Salt - 1 Pinch
How to cook "Abkhazian Meat"
1. The recipe for cooking meat in Abkhazian should start with choosing a good piece of meat. It should be fresh and non-greasy.
2. The main secret of this dish, of course, is in the marinade, but it is not difficult to prepare it. To do this, you need to mix 2-3 tablespoons of adjika (spicy, aromatic Abkhaz adjika) with a small amount of vegetable oil. If adjika is liquid, then 1 tablespoon of oil is enough.
3. If adjika is well salted, then the meat can not be salted, if not very well, then salt and rub the salt into the meat well. With the resulting marinade, you need to grease the meat and leave it for about 1 hour.
4. For spicy lovers, ready-made meat can be immediately sent to the pan. If you are not one of those, then it is better to remove the marinade from the meat (using a spoon or paper towel) and only then send it to the pan. You can also slightly cut the edges of the steak to keep the meat from loosing its shape when frying and making it look even more appetizing.
5. In a frying pan heated with vegetable oil, send the meat and fry over high heat for 2-5 minutes on each side.
6. Place the meat in the oven and simmer until tender. The cooking time depends on the desired degree of doneness of the meat. For Abkhazian meat at home with blood, 5 minutes is enough, for good roasting about 15.
7. Cooked meat can be served with your favorite side dish or fresh vegetables. You can also make a sauce for the meat to complement the flavor.