How to make the Original Peking Cabbage Slough Salad
1. Thoroughly wash vegetables and mangoes. Let the water drain or shake well before slicing.
2. The mango must be peeled, pitted and cut into medium slices. For a salad, a medium ripeness mango with dense pulp is more suitable.
3. Be careful when slicing hot peppers. It is better to do this with disposable cellophane gloves. Chop the pepper as small as possible. Wash the knife and the board separately after the pepper.
4. Peking cabbage should be chopped into large enough pieces.
5. Mix the vinegar and mayonnaise marinade. Salt the mixture to taste, if necessary.
6. Place the mango and vegetables in a bowl, cover with the marinade, mix thoroughly without crushing the pieces, and refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve cold in a shared platter.