The dish is very effective and easy to prepare. You can experiment with it, but using beef in its preparation is probably the best option. With prunes, the meat will be aromatic and tasty.
Purpose: For lunch / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Meat / Beef / Fruit / Dried Fruit / Prunes
Dish: Hot dishes
Cuisine geography: Greek
- Tomato puree - 200 Grams
- Ground black pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Dry white wine - 180 Milliliters
- Beef - 1 Kilogram
- Onions - 1 Piece
- Ground cinnamon - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Prunes - 400 Grams
- Parsley - 1 Teaspoon
- Vegetable oil - 60 Milliliters
How to cook "Meat with prunes"
1. Cut the meat (lean) into small pieces, then fry it in small portions over high heat.
2. After all sides of the meat are browned, it must be transferred to a saucepan with thick walls. Add spices and salt.
3. Deglaze with wine the frying pan where the meat was fried. We pour wine there, and give it time to boil. Fill the meat with the resulting liquid.
4. Cut the onion into strips and fry until transparent. Add tomato puree, mix and let stew for a few minutes. Put the onion on the meat and cook for an hour with the lid closed over low heat. You can add boiling water.
5. Add the washed prunes (pitted) to the meat and stir. We cook for about another half hour, check for salt.
6. The dish can be served with vegetables or any side dish. It can also be cold.