A crispy apple dessert with nuts and oatmeal will enchant you with its spicy aroma.
Appointment: For breakfast / For children / For breakfast / For dessert
Main Ingredient: Fruit / Apples / Cereals / Oatmeal
Cuisine geography: American
- Apples - 4 Pieces
- Sugar - 1/4 Cup
- Flour - 1/4 Cup
- Cornstarch - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Oatmeal - 1/4 Cup
- Pecans - 1/4 Cup
- Cinnamon - 1 Teaspoon
- Ginger - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Nutmeg - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Butter stick - 1 Piece
How to make Apple Oatmeal Dessert
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees. Peel and core the apples and cut into slices. Cool the butter and cut into cubes. Combine apples, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoon starch and lemon juice in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Place the apple mixture in a glass baking dish. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add the crackers to a food processor and grind to a coarse crumb consistency for about 3/4 cup of crumb. In a bowl, combine crumbs, oatmeal, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Add butter, stir the mixture with your fingers.
5. Sprinkle the baked apples with the mixture and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the apple filling begins to boil. Cover with foil if top browns too quickly.
6. Let the dessert cool for about 10 minutes and serve.