This recipe has a crispy crust and a delicate, buttery, creamy taste. Green onions can be substituted with chopped garlic if desired.
Purpose: For lunch
Main Ingredient: Vegetables / Potatoes / Dairy Products / Cheese
Dish: Hot dishes
Cuisine geography: American
- Potato - 8 Pieces
- Butter stick - 1 Piece
- Cheddar Cheese - 1 Glass
- Milk - 6 Teaspoons
- Cream - 6 Teaspoons
How to cook "Potatoes with cheese and green onions"
1. Grate cheese, chop green onions. Chop potatoes with a fork, sprinkle with salt, wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave for 15 minutes. The potatoes must be firm. Set potatoes aside and let cool, then cut into slices.
2. Take out a muffin or bun tray with compartments. Place a piece of butter in each compartment.
3. Then put in each compartment a slice of potatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper, then grated Cheddar cheese and chopped green onions. Repeat layers: potatoes, salt and pepper, cheese, onion. Make 2-3 layers in this way. Add a layer of diced ham if desired.
4. Place a slice of butter on top of each compartment and pour over 1 teaspoon of milk and cream half.
5. Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are brown.