Soft, slightly sweet rice infused with coconut flavor is a great addition to any curry. Coconut rice tastes even better when garnished with toasted coconut slices on top. Add some butter and cream for a delicious dessert. This rice is practically no different from ordinary rice in cooking and will not take much of your time.
Purpose: For lunch
Main Ingredient: Cereal / Rice / Coconut Milk
Dish: Hot dishes
Cuisine geography: American
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Maple syrup - 2 Tbsp. spoons
- Coconut Flavor - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coconut flakes - 2 Tbsp. spoons
How to cook Thai Rice with Coconut Milk
1. Combine coconut milk with water to make 4 cups of liquid.
2. In a large, deep saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes.
3. Add coconut milk with water, salt, sweetener of your choice and flavor if used. Stir well. Bring rice to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent overcooking.
4. When rice boils, reduce heat to medium. Place the lid of the saucepan diagonally to release the steam. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all (or almost all) of the liquid.
5. Turn off the fire. Close the pot tightly with a lid and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Stir the rice with a fork or chopsticks before serving. Sprinkle coconut on the rice if desired. Serve the rice warm.