To cook chicken with lemon and olives, you need to fry the chicken pieces, then add garlic and wine. When the alcohol has evaporated, pour in the broth, the juice of one lemon, add the olives, lemon circles, herbs and simmer until tender.
Purpose: For lunch / For dinner / For a festive table
Main Ingredient: Poultry / Chicken
Dish: Hot dishes
- Chicken - 800-900 Grams (optional - boneless thighs, breast or quarter with bone)
- Lemons - 2 Pieces
- Pitted Olives - 3/4 Cup
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. a spoon
- Garlic - 5 Cloves
- Dry white wine - 1/3 Glass
- Chicken Broth - 1 Glass (or a bouillon cube filled with boiling water)
- Fresh thyme, a bunch - 1 Piece (you can add oregano (oregano) to the company)
- Salt, black pepper - To taste
How to cook "Chicken with Lemon and Olives"
1. Prepare all ingredients. Cut one lemon into slices, rinse the thyme, chop the chunk.
2. Place the chicken pieces on a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. In a heavy skillet over high heat, heat the oil and fry the chicken pieces for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Then add peeled garlic cloves to the fried chicken and pour over the wine. Heat until the wine is half boiled away.
5. Pour in broth, juice of one lemon. Add olives, lemon slices and chopped thyme. If you have oregano, also chop a few twigs and add to the skillet. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. If you have chicken on the bone, then simmer until the meat comes off the bone.
6. Chicken with lemon and olives is ready! Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve with your favorite side dish. Bon Appetit!