I began to solve the problem of preparing a leg of lamb when one day in the market I could not resist the temptation and bought a fresh leg of lamb. I brought it home, I look and think - what can I do with you, dear … In the end, I decided that I would not experiment and use perhaps the simplest way of cooking - bake it in the oven. It turned out surprisingly well - the meat turned out to be tender, juicy, and pleasantly smelling.
The recipe for a leg of lamb in the oven is very trivial:
1. Take a small bowl, pour lemon juice, olive oil into it, add ghee and suitable spices. Beat with a whisk until smooth.
2. Prepare the leg of lamb for baking: cut off all excess spit and pieces of fat, rinse thoroughly, let the meat dry.
3. Coat the dry meat on all sides with the marinade we have prepared.
4. Take a large baking dish and pour a glass of water into it. We put our leg of lamb directly into the water - and send it to the oven, preheated to 170 degrees.
5. Bake for 2 hours, every 15 minutes pouring fat and water over the meat from the bottom of the mold.
After 2 hours, the leg of lamb will be ready in the oven. Can be taken out, cut and served.
Appointment: For lunch / For dinner / For a banquet table / Family dinner
Main Ingredient: Meat / Lamb
Dish: Hot dishes
- Leg of Lamb - 3 Kilograms
- Spices - 3 Tbsp. spoons (paprika, hot pepper, salt, cumin)
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp. a spoon
- Ghee - 50 Grams
- Olive oil - 5 Tbsp. spoons
- Water - 1 Glass