As a child, I many times got to a very interesting ceremony: I saw how a wild boar was slaughtered in a Ukrainian village. Usually this happened on some kind of holiday - on Easter or Christmas, for a wedding or homeland, for an anniversary or christening. In a word, not just like that:) This was always expected as some kind of special event. And, among other dishes, they made blood sausage on the same day. As a child, I didn't really like it, but today I eat it with pleasure when the opportunity arises.
The recipe for Ukrainian blood sausage is as follows:
1. First, clean the intestines. Pork intestines must be thoroughly cleaned and rinsed.
2. Pass the bacon, as well as peeled onions and garlic through a meat grinder.
3. Boil buckwheat until tender.
4. In the mixture of onions, garlic and lard, add buckwheat (be sure to cool, you cannot add hot), pour milk and pork blood into the mixture. In order to prevent pork blood from curdling, you need a spoonful of vinegar in it. Season with salt, pepper and stir.
5. Next, fill the pork intestines with the minced meat. Shape the sausage to any length you want, and tie the ends of the intestine with a thread or flagellum.
6. There are two ways to cook Ukrainian blood sausage: either boil in salted water for 20 minutes, or bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until cooked at 180 degrees.
Ukrainian bloodworm is ready. Bon Appetit!
Purpose: At the festive table
Main Ingredient: Meat / Pork
Dish: Hot dishes
Cuisine geography: Ukrainian
- Pork blood - 1 Liter
- Lard - 500 Grams
- Bulbs - 4 Pieces
- Buckwheat - 500 Grams
- Garlic - 5 Cloves
- Milk - 1.5 Cups
- Pork intestines (pack) - 1 Piece